As part of the Sudbury Fitness Challenge, the Sudbury Canoe Club is hosting its annual Marathon Canoe Race as one of the seven athletic events offered in the Sudbury area, promoting the value of an active and healthy lifestyle through physical activity.
Check out the Canoe Marathon Association Website for more information.
- Location: Northern Water Sports Centre (206 Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, ON)
- Registration begins at 7:30 AM (Register with RaceRoster or in person)
- Races start at 9:00 AM
- Cost $25/person
- Race course on Ramsey Lake: 6km (no portage), 9km (700m portage) and 18.5km (700m portage x2)
- Medals will be awarded to the top three finishers in each category.
- Recreational/Open Racing tandem canoe (men, women and mixed)
- Recreational/Open Racing kayak (and sea kayaks) (men, women and mixed)
- SUP (Stand Up Paddle)
- 3x27 North American C2 & USCA C1
- Expedition category (>17" but shorter than 18.5")
- Medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each category.
For information contact Rob Marcolini at: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: Rob Marcolini, Canoe Marathon)