Registration for Summer 2018 is now open!
Qualified and experienced counsellors teach campers the basics of canoeing and kayaking in a safe, fun and supportive environment. There's no better place to be on a hot summer's day than on the water enjoying Lake Ramsey, so join us!
Who can participate?
Anyone aged 6-12 who wants to have a wild & wacky time on the water!
No previous paddling experience is necessary. Our experienced counsellors are always happy to introduce the sport to beginners! We say the more paddlers on Ramsey, the better!
Campers are required to demonstrate an ability to swim.
What is the cost?
The cost of a 5-day session for children of Sudbury Canoe Club members is $200.
The cost of a 5-day session for members of the general public is $220.
How can I register?
Submit this form by email, mail or in person. See Contact Us for details.
How can I pay?
There are two options for payment:
- Drop off a cheque at the Canoe Club, either in person or in the mailbox at the front of the building
- Once registration is confirmed, pay online through the SCC Store
Camp sells out so reserve early!
What does a typical day look like?
8:00-8:30am Drop-off at Sudbury Canoe Club. Yahoo!
8:30 am Warm-Up Games in Bell Park.
10:00am Canoe Skills.
10:30am Canoe Games & Activities.
12:00pm Lunch Break.
12:30pm Low Key Activities (while we digest the healthy, scrumptious lunches packed by Mom and Dad).
1:30pm Kayak Skills.
2:00pm Kayak Games & Activities.
3:30pm Dry off, clean up and get ready to go home.
4:00-5:00pm Pick up. But don’t be sad! You’ll be back tomorrow!
Safety is our primary concern, so campers will receive a safety orientation before stepping on the dock (with PFDs on).
What We Supply:
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs). Campers may bring their own if they wish.
- Boating Safety Equipment. (Throw ropes, bailers, whistles).
- Boats & Paddles.
- A Canoe Kids Camp T-Shirt when the week is done!
What to Bring:
- A Healthy Lunch
- Swim Suit
- Rain Suit
- Warm Clothes (long pants, warm sweatshirt, jacket)
- Extra set (or two) of dry clothes
- Running Shoes
What NOT to bring:
- iPods or video games. Electronics and water don’t mix very well. You’ll be having too much fun anyway!
- Money or other valuables. It’s a long way to the bottom of the lake if you lose it! The change rooms are shared by all Club Members and are accessible to the public. The SCC does not take responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Weapons (real or fake). They’re just not fun.